|Nouns decline according to...|
|Verbs conjugate according to...|
Arka is a constructed language which is used in an imaginary world and the actual world. Our imaginary world is called Kaldia. It is similar to the Earth in many ways.
Please watch this video at first: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b4slYROUc8
And please visit our official site: http://conlinguistics.org/arka/e_index.html
Arka and Kaldia started in 1991 in Japan.
Arka is an a priori conlang (naturalistic artlang to be exact) with more than 15,000 words and its own conworld, Kaldia.
It is strange that a conlang which exists in a conworld has words from English or Japanese, etc. It is, however, very difficult and tiresome to create whole vocabulary from scratch, so most of the conlangs have a posteriori or small a priori vocabulary. Some conlangs have large a priori vocabulary but most of them tend to be lack of etymology of words backed up by their conworld or conculture and to be an engelang like John Wilkins' Real Character. Therefore Arka is rare for the point that it has large a priori vocabulary (more than 15,000 words) based on its conworld (Kaldia) and conculture.
Arka is an artlang spoken in Kaldia, but it is spoken in the Earth, too. The founders are more than 30 people with different mother tongues like Japanese, Finnish, Esthonian, Ukrainian, French and German. The learners of Arka are from various countries like Japan, Korea, China, UK and USA. Currently the number of the learners reaches triple figures.
- A priori vocabulary (16627 words for now)
- Detailed descriptions of basic words
- Online dictionary (Arka-Japanese dictionary)
- Etymological note(s) on every single word in its dictionary
- Unique characters and various fonts
They are called hacm. 20 consonants and 5 vowels.
- consonants: t, k, x, s, n, v, f, m, d, g, p, b, h, y, c, r, z, j, w, l
- vowels: a, i, o, e, u
X is pronounced like SHake, craSH. C is a trill. Other characters are pronounced literally like they are spelled.
- SVO. ti siina oma. = You like dogs.
- NA. miik har = red apple
- seren arbazard "The Book of Xion" (2011) ISBN 978-4-902218-70-1
- seren arbazard "Conlinguistics and levian t'arka" (2011) ISBN 978-4-902218-77-0
- seren arbazard "The Book of Xion" (2013) ISBN 978-4-86476-083-6
- seren arbazard, nias avelantis "Arka-Japanese dictionary" (2014) ISBN 978-4865430509
- nias avelantis "Japanese-Arka dictionary" (2017) ISBN 978-4865438598