This is the main page. Here is the talk page.
Eoanet is a half natlang created by Isaac A Treeby 2019 and is still being worked apon. If one went 'aibsirv', you would think 'I observe' or 'I notice'
|Nouns decline according to...|
|Verbs conjugate according to...|
|Progress||Expression error: Unexpected < operator.%|
|Creator||Isaac A Treeby|
- 1 Phonology
- 2 Phonotactics
- 3 Orthogrophy
- 4 Grammer
Phonology[edit | edit source]
Consonats[edit | edit source]
|Stop||p b||t d||*c||k g||ʔ|
w, *ʍ Labiovelar approximants
*kw, *gw Labiovelar stops
- *c, ɲ, ç, and t͡ç are allophones of n & ŋ, h, and t͡ʃ before j
- *ʍ is an allophone of h before w
- *kw and gw are consonat clusters realized as phonemes.
- h is optional
Vowels[edit | edit source]
Monopthongs[edit | edit source]
- *a is often realized as a central vowel is many conlangs, but is front in the IPA, so does Eoanet
Diphthongs[edit | edit source]
Phonotactics[edit | edit source]
Eoanet has strict phonotactics that restrict on what is allowed:
- (C)(C)V(C)(C) syllable structure
- ŋ and ʔ may not occur word initially
- n can be syllabic
- ʙ, ʀ, h, p͡f, j, and w may not occur in coda.
- Only intervocalic glottal stop (ʔuʔ can't exist in Eoanet)
- ʔ and nonsibalent affricates cannot occur in clusters whatsoever
- Onset clusters are obstruent + sonarent
- Unless the first in the pair is s, the next must be a liquid or semivowel
- If the first is a labial, it cannot combine with ⳑ
- If the first is s, then it can combine with anything.
- Coda clusters are sonarent + obstruent
Orthogrophy[edit | edit source]
Type[edit | edit source]
The type of writing that Eoanet uses a featural abugida, where the is an inherant vowel and that similar sounds are written similar.
Rules[edit | edit source]
The type is accually enforced by the rules:
- Right-to-left, top-to-bottom writing direction
- Diphthongs and clusters squish
- Schwa symbol only used at beginning of word
- Other vowels written below consonants
Grammer[edit | edit source]
Nouns & Pronouns[edit | edit source]
Case[edit | edit source]
Eoanet has 3 cases: nominative, accusitive, and genitive. The accusitive is optinal with nouns most of the time, but is required to be mare for quirky subject on all nouns. The genitive is a requirement if the next word is a belonging.
Number[edit | edit source]
Eonet has 2 numbers just like English: singular and plural.
Chart[edit | edit source]
So, here a chart of the declensions:
|Pl.||-ab||-ɚb||sa- ... -ab|
Here's a prounoun table:
Verbs[edit | edit source]
Tense[edit | edit source]
Eoanet has 3 tenses: past, present, and future cause' that's common
Aspect[edit | edit source]
Perfective-imperfective distiction only
Agreement[edit | edit source]
Only subject but in all person and number (3rd person sing is unmarked)
Chart[edit | edit source]
Here it is:
The agreement is the same as the pronouns but semivowels are their vowel equivalent and that diphthongs are the first vowel of the pair.
Adjectives & Adverbs[edit | edit source]
Affixation[edit | edit source]
Only comparative and superlative
The chart would be very boring, so I'mn't showing you it.
Numerals[edit | edit source]
Base[edit | edit source]
Eoanet uses the one and only octal
System[edit | edit source]
Words[edit | edit source]
Cardinal, cardinal frcaction, ordinal, ordinal fraction
Go to KhanAcadamy to see the chart
Word Order[edit | edit source]
Subject, Verb, Object[edit | edit source]
SVO for the main phrase, SOV for compound and complex phrases.
Modifiers[edit | edit source]
DemN, NNum, PossN, then after applying the Hawkins Universal (Prep ⊃ ((NDem v NNum v NPoss ⊃ NAdj) & (NAdj ⊃ NGen) & (NGen ⊃ NRel))) I got NAdj, NGen, and NRel, everything else is: AuxV, VSdb, & AdvV/Adj/Adv. Then, AdjMarStan, and Comm-Prop.
Multiple Modifiers[edit | edit source]
Adjectives: noun+purpose-material-origin-color-shape-age-size-opinion-quantit, different: demostretive-possessive+noun+adjective-numeral, phrase: noun+clause-genitive/genitive+noun+clause. For verbs: auxiliary-adverb+verb+subordinate